Thursday 3 March 2016

Crochet your own hair accessories

I am sure many of you enjoy putting a little bit of "bling" in your hair, either with decorative hair pins, colourful combs or handy headbands.

Here are a couple of my favourite patterns I have found over the last couple of years.  So even if you feel you don't think you could wear anything in your hair, I am sure you have nieces, sisters, daughters or granddaughters that would absolutely cherish your hand made gift.

So sit back, have your hook and yarn handy and get ready to whip up some amazing accessories!

Below are links to posts of artists kind enough to share their patterns with us online.





My favourite, and easiest way to add a bit of colour to your hairdo is with a simple crocheted bow.  This pattern "easy crochet bows" by Craftiness is not Optional is my all time fave!  I have made so many of these in so many colours.  I love them.




This super easy headband is by the extremely talented Elizabeth Alan.  Check out her free pattern in her Ravelry account.  She has so many incredible patterns, you won't be able to decide which one to start with!




And finally these loveable heart hair clips for either yourself or your favourite little Miss.  These heart clips can be found at Chucks for Chancho, but the pattern was based off another one of my fave crocheting bloggers, "Skip To My Lou".  So, as you can see, fellow bloggers continue to inspire us all!

If you do make any items from these patterns, please drop the author a line to let them know how much you love their work.  You can find their contact details in the links provided.  I know as a blogger so much work goes into writing.  And the amount of work that goes into writing patterns is exhausting.  So I am always amazed by the number of generous people who are willing to share their hard work for free.  The only reward these people want is acknowledgement of their work.

Hope you find something here you like.  Drop me a line or send me a photo of anything you have made.  I would love to feature your hand crafted pieces in another post.

Happy crafting xo




No comments:

Post a Comment